Homeowners have many options to choose from when replacing their garage doors. As garage door experts, we’ll introduce you to two of the best garage door brands in the industry, C.H.I. and Clopay. Keep reading to learn more about these companies and their products.
How Do Amarr and Clopay Garage Doors Compare?
C.H.I. Overhead Doors was established in 1981 in Arthur, Illinois. C.H.I. is one of the most popular garage door manufacturers in the nation and offers a full line of residential, commercial, and rolling steel doors.
Clopay started manufacturing residential garage doors in 1964. For over 55 years, Clopay has established a reputation for manufacturing beautiful, durable, and reliable garage doors. Clopay reinforces its commitment to providing quality products by maintaining active membership in the International Door Association and the Door and Access Systems Manufacturer’s Association (DASMA).
- Contemporary Collection: Sterling, Planks, Skyline Flush
- Carriage Collection: Shoreline, Overlay Carriage House
- Timeless Collection: Raised Panel, Stamped Carriage House, Stamped Shaker, Accents Woodtones, Full-view Aluminum, Overlay Recessed Panel, High-Definition Fiberglass
- Carriage House: Canyon Ridge Limited Edition, Canyon Ridge Ultra-Grain, Coachman Collection, Grand Harbor, Gallery Collection, Reserve Wood, Reserve Wood Limited Edition, Reserve Wood Semi-Custom
- Coastal: Canyon Ridge Limited Edition- Louver Series, Coachman Collection
- Modern: Canyon Ridge Modern, Modern Steel Collection, Avante Collection, Reserve Wood Collection Custom, Reserve Wood Collection Modern
- Traditional: Coachman Collection, Gallery Collection, Classic Collection, Classic Wood Collection
Clopay and C.H.I. garage doors are available in a wide variety of color options. Both companies offer window panels with specialty decorative glass inserts. Some styles have more design options that others. Most made-to-order garage door companies offer a variety of designs for each style of doors, but some have limited options. For example, C.H.I.’s Shoreline door is available in 24 designs, while the Skyline Flush door is only available in one.
Garage Door Warranties
C.H.I. offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty on all of their garage doors, while Clopay offers a 1-10 year warranty on different elements of their doors. Clopay also offers a minimum 1-year Installation warranty for doors installed by Master Authorized Dealers and Authorized Dealers.
Your choice between C.H.I. and Clopay garage doors depends on what door style and design you want for your garage, as well as your budget. Both garage door manufacturers allow you to build and visualize your door before buying
You can learn more about C.H.I. and Clopay doors by exploring our Popular Garage Doors.