Garage doors are an important part of every home. Your garage provides a safe and secure place for your car and personal items and sometimes it provides a convenient entrance to your home. Garage doors also affect your home’s curb appeal so, in addition to being safe and durable, garage doors should also complement your home.
Homeowners have lots of options when it comes to garage doors. In this post, we’ll introduce you to two of the best brands in the industry Amarr Garage Doors and Clopay Building Products.
How Do Amarr and Clopay Garage Doors Compare?
Amarr was established in 1951 in North Carolina. Over Amarr’s 68 years of experience, it has experienced tremendous growth and is now an internationally recognized brand. Amarr has two manufacturing facilities in the United States, is sold by over 3,000 independent dealers, and is also available from major retailers.
Clopay’s company history can be traced back 160 years to 1859, but Clopay didn’t join the garage door industry until 1964. With 55 years of garage door experience, Clopay has been in the industry almost as long as Amarr. Clopay reinforces their commitment to providing quality products by maintaining active membership in the International Door Association ↗ and the Door and Access Systems Manufacturer’s Association ↗ (DASMA).
- Carriage House Doors: Carriage Court, Classica, Heritage, Hillcrest, Oak Summit, Designer’s Choice
- Traditional: Heritage, Lincoln, Stratford, Olympus
- Specialty: Horizon, Vista
- Carriage House: Canyon Ridge Limited Edition, Canyon Ridge Ultra-Grain, Coachman Collection, Grand Harbor, Gallery Collection, Reserve Wood, Reserve Wood Limited Edition, Reserve Wood Semi-Custom
- Coastal: Canyon Ridge Limited Edition- Louver Series, Coachman Collection
- Modern: Canyon Ridge Modern, Modern Steel Collection, Avante Collection, Reserve Wood Collection Custom, Reserve Wood Collection Modern
- Traditional: Coachman Collection, Gallery Collection, Classic Collection, Classic Wood Collection
Garage Door Upgrades
Amarr garage doors offer insert window panels, specialty glass, and exterior hardware options in addition to several panel design options for each collection.
All Clopay doors are built-to-order meaning the door matches your specific design and performance requirements.
Garage Door Warranties
Amarr offers Lifetime Warranties on most of their doors while Clopay offers Limited Warranties of up to 10-years on most of their doors. In addition to a limited warranty, Clopay also offers a minimum 1-year Installation Warranty on all doors installed by a Clopay Master Authorized Dealer or Authorized Dealer.
Clopay and Amarr Garage Doors are widely recognized in the industry as two of the best garage door manufacturers in the nation. Both companies offer beautiful and durable products, so you can feel comfortable with either choice. Choose a door that offers the most value in terms of cost and warranty. Amarr likely has a better warranty, but the warranty length is just one data point to consider when buying a garage door.
You can learn more about Amarr and Clopay doors by exploring our Door Catalog.